Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Great black and white photographers, PART 2.

    Cindy Sherman (born January 19, 1954) is an American photographer and a Film director.
She lives and works in New York City.  She was born in Glen Ridge, New Jersey.
She has many books published, for example:
-(2007) Cindy Sherman: A play of Selves
-(2006) Cindy Sherman: Working Girl
-(2004) Cindy Sherman: Centerfolds





Cindy attended Buffalo State College, she is in the field of Photography, she has worked in Fashion, Books, and Film & Video, and also music.

"I didn't want to make 'high' art, I had no interest in using paint, I wanted to find something that anyone could relate to without knowing about contemporary art. I wasn't thinking in terms of precious prints or archival quality; I didn't want the work to seem like a commodity." - Cindy Sherman

No comments:

Post a Comment